Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

My Sweet Malaysia


Every year, I look forward to this event. I am usually all excited by June and shoot Babe a mail or a message on messenger. I love each and every theme of the events that she has organised. She picks great theme and is very good at rounding everything up. The best bit about the event, besides the host is that you get a variety of recipes in one post and meet fellow Malaysian foodies, especially those that you haven't met/encountered before.


For Merdeka 09, Babe picked a theme that is close to my heart - and I guess everyone of you too - something sweet which is served as a snak, tea time treat or dessert in Malaysia. The timing can't be more perfect since Merdeka this year (31st August) falls in Ramadhan when all the treats that are usually not served during the other time of the year will be especially made and feted on. It is also the time when those of us who bake start thinking of kuih raya - cakes and cookies that are served during Eid.


When I found out about the theme 2 weeks ago, I got so excited and start to think about the things I want to make. I have even bought some ingredients to experiment with. I am still undecided because there are so many to choose from!


Head over to Babe's blog to find out more about the theme for this year's Merdeka and how to participate. If you have an idea of what I should make, feel free to leave a suggestion in the comment section.



Photo Credit: Babe_KL
0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home