Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

Monday, July 27, 2009

spaghetti with butter crab sauce

MY earliest memory of eating crab is chasing after flower crabs on white sandy beach and having them barbecued... my mom peeling the flesh and feeding them to me. It is still the one thing I schedule into my every home trip. Chasing trip. BBQ. Eating crabs on the beach. In fact I don't consider it going home until I have my feet dip into the blue blue south china sea.

Perhaps because I was so spoilt with such great seafood since I was so young, I tend to dress most of the ones available to me that I feel have been away from the sea for more than a day, saucewise I mean. This is a take of the much loved Malaysian Butter Crab - usually baked or steamed using whole mud crabs and served hot with steamed buns. It is a great dish serve in a banquet and to be shared. I love the creamy, spicy butter sauce for crabs, with a sprig of curry leaves or two. These days I prefer to use crab meat, shelled from fresh seasonal crabs and weave them into spaghetti. It is easier to eat and you still get to savour every morsel and enjoy the sauce.

It's a great dish to serve for 2 and a little toddler who is taught to learn to appreciate crab... before the age of 2.






Spaghetti with butter crab sauce

Ingredients:
enough spaghetti for 2 - cooked according to package instruction
500g crab claws - shelled and set aside
5 garlic - crushed and chopped
2 bird's eye chilies - chopped finely
1 sprig curry leaves
olive oil
2 TBSP butter
1/3 cup cream
salt and pepper


Method
1. While the spaghetti is boiling, heat up some olive oil in a wok/pan.
2. Add garlic and when it turns brown, add chili and curry leaves.
3. Add the crab meat and stir until cooked.
4. Add some butter and cream and turn the fire off. Season according to taste.
5. Drain the pasta and add into the sauce. Mix everythign thoroughly.
6. Heat up the wok again and season again. Dish up and serve immediately.
0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home